Nation doesn’t care enough about Saskatchewan to be embarrassed by it - The Beaverton

Nation doesn’t care enough about Saskatchewan to be embarrassed by it

REGINA – Despite a record high number of cases and a health system on the verge of collapse, polls indicate that not enough Canadians care about Saskatchewan to make it a national embarrassment.

A recent Angus-Reid poll indicated that 96% of Canadians shrugged when asked about the current situation in Saskatchewan. The other 4% became passionately angry before being informed Saskatchewan was not a city in Alberta.

Requiring asymptomatic citizens to pay for their own COVID test, political leadership that disappears during a crisis, and hospitalization records being broken was not enough to change the rest of Canada’s apathy towards the western province.

In response to the question on how they felt about the Saskatchewan premier hiding the fact that he killed someone with his car and had two DUIs, a majority of Canadians responded “wheat fields” and “Corner Gas!”

At press time, the Saskatchewan government was relieved Jason Kenney was still in power for the distraction.