“THE BEAVERTON: LIVE AT THE TORONTO COMEDY SKETCH FESTIVAL”
Contest Rules & Regulations
This document contains contest rules and regulations for The Beaverton: Live at The Toronto Comedy Sketch Festival (“The Beaverton Live”) contest, run through Facebook, which voting results will determine the winner (the “Contest”). The winners will be randomly drawn according to the schedule below with winners announced shortly thereafter. This Contest is not controlled, sponsored, or authorized by Bell Media Inc., The Ontario Media Development Corporation, The Canada Media Fund, The Bell Fund, The Rogers Cable Network Fund, Rogers Telefund, or The Toronto Comedy Sketch Festival.
- “The Beaverton Live” Contest is held by Pier 21 Films Ltd. (hereafter referred to as the “Organizer”). It will take place online from March 1st, 2017 at 10:00 AM through to March 6th, 2017, at 10:00 AM (ET) (the “Contest Period”). The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who have Facebook accounts, participate on the page www.facebook.com/thebeaverton and who are of 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry (a “Contestant”). The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
Rules and Regulations
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant agrees to be fully, unconditionally bound by these Rules, and the Contestant represents and warrants that they meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, the Contestant agrees to accept the decisions of Pier 21 Films Ltd. As final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Wednesday, March 1st at 12:00 PM ET and ending Monday, March 6th, at 10:00 AM ET. All Online entries must be received by Monday, March 6th at 10:00 AM ET. The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary. You acknowledge that The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry on the applicable Facebook contest page. The Contestant acknowledges and agrees that participation in other activities on The Beaverton Facebook page does not automatically enter them into the campaign. To enter the campaign, proceed as follows:
- Go to The Beaverton Ticket Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/TheBeaverton
- Like the contest post featured on the page.
- Obtain a maximum of one additional entry by leaving a comment to tell us “What is your idea for Kelly Leitch’s next campaign video” on the contest post in a post accepted by our contest administrator at Organizer’s discretion. Acceptable posts do not include any derogatory images or texts.
- Multiple submissions made using alternate accounts will be disqualified. Automated submissions, submissions sent via bot, repetitive electronic submissions (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or Contest service) will be automatically disqualified and transmissions from these or related Facebook accounts may be locked.
- Contest Prize: Prize is only made available to the Contestant. In total, one grand prize will be awarded in the form of two (2) Tickets (“The Tickets”) to The Beaverton: Live at The Toronto Comedy Sketch Festival (“The Show”) , taking place on March 11th, 2017 at 7:00PM ET. The Grand Prize cannot be exchanged for tickets to other shows in the festival, nor can they be exchanged for tickets at a different time or venue.
- Draw: There is one random draw from all Eligible Entries. The draw will be held on March 6th, 2017 at 10:00 AM ET at Pier 21 Films Ltd. Offices located at 9 Price St., Toronto, ON, M4W 1Z1, to select the grand prize winner. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend upon the total number of Eligible Entries received during the contest period.
The Awarding of the Prize
- Awarding of Prize: To be declared a winner, all selected Contestants must:
- Be reached by Facebook, at the sole discretion of the Organizer, within ten (10) days of its receipt by the Contestant;
- Complete and sign the declaration and release form (the “release form”) to the effect that they have fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest rules, which will be sent to them by email by the Organizer and return the signed release form so that the Organize receive it within ten (10) days of its receipt by the Contestant;
- Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the release form;
- Upon request and within a reasonable timeframe, provide a piece of identification with a photo; and
- Be present in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to pick up the tickets on the show date (March 11th, 2017) at The Randolph Theatre, 736 Bathurst St., Toronto, ON, M5S 1Z5 (“The Randolph Theatre”).
- Failure to comply with one of the conditions outlined in these Contest rules, to be reached or to return the release form within the given deadline, or if the selected Contestant refuses their prize, will result in the Contestant’s disqualification. In such an event, the Organizer may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw until a Contestant is selected and declared a winner.
- Within two (2) weeks following receipt of the duly completed and signed release form, the Organizer will email a PDF of the Tickets. Physical copies of the Tickets will be available at the box office of The Randolph Theatre on March 11th, 2017 during their opening hours.
General Terms and Conditions
- Verification. The Contestant registrar and release forms are subject to verification by the Organizer. Any Contestant registry or release form that is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or sent late, contains an invalid email address, consists of an incorrect answer to the mathematical skill-testing question, or is otherwise non-compliant may be rejected and will not, depending on the case, entitle the Contestant to an entry or a prize.
- Disqualification. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify anyone or cancel one or more Contestant of anyone who enters or attempts to enter this Contest by any means contrary to these rules and regulations or in any manner deemed unfair to other Contestants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). This person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately sabotage the Contest or The Beaverton Facebook pages and/or any other related site or to disrupt the legitimate operation of the Contest represents a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Organizer reserves the right to reject the registry, Contestant, and to seek damages to the extent permitted by law.
- Acceptance of prize. Prize must be accepted as described herein and may not, in whole or in part, be substituted for another prize, transferred to another person, or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the following section.
- Substitution of prize. The event that it would be impossible for the Organizer to award the tickets as described herein, they reserve the right to award a prize of the same nature and equivalent value, or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize as stated herein.
- Limit of liability: use of the prize. By entering this Contest, Contestants selected for a prize release the Organizer, any corporations, companies, trusts or other legal entities controlled by or connected to them, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their employees, representatives and agents (the “waives”) from all liability for any damages they may suffer in accepting or using their prize.
- Contest website. The Organizer does not guarantee in any way whatsoever that the Contest Facebook page, The Beaverton page, or any other site related to the Contest, will be accessible or functional without interruption throughout the entire Contest Period or that it will be free of any errors.
- Limit of liability: operation of the Contest. The waives are not liable for any faulty computer components, software or communications line, the loss or lack of a communications network, or for faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased computer or network transmissions that may limit or prevent a Contestant’s participation in this contest. The waivees are also not liable for any damages or losses incurred, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any internet page software or other item, or by the transmission of any information related to entering this Contest.
- Modifications to the Contest. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at their sole discretion, in the event that any unauthorized human intervention or any other occurrence corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, impartiality, or operation of the Contest as outlined herein.
- Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event the computer system is unable to register all Contest entries during the Contest Period for any reason whatsoever, or Contest participation must terminate, in whole or in part, before the date indicated herein, the Organizer will proceed with the draw, at their discretion, from among the draw entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, if applicable, up to the date of the event that put a stop to Contest Participation.
- Prize limit. In all cases, the Organizer is not required to award either more prizes or award a prize other than what has been outlined in accordance with these rules.
- Limit of liability: Entering the Contest. By entering this Contest or attempting to do so, all persons release the Organizer and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, associated or related companies, agents, advertising and promotional agencies and/or representatives, and each of their respective directors, officers and employees from all liability and shall be held harmless against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property arising out of or resulting from participating in the Contest or the selection of the Grand Prize Winner.
- Authorization. By entering the Contest, all Contestants selected for a prize and, in the case where a Contestant selected for a prize is a minor, their adult parent or guardian, authorize the Organizer and their representatives to use, if required, their name, photograph, likeness, voice, place of residence, and/or statement in connection with their prize for advertising purposes, without compensation of any kind.
- Communication with the Contestants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with the Contestants in this Contest other than in accordance with these Contest rules or at the initiative of the Organizer.
- Property. Release forms are the property of the Organizer and will not be returned to the Contestant under any circumstances.
- Identification of the Contestant. For the purposes of these rules and regulations, the Contestant is the person who is the authorized holder of the Facebook account used to enter the Contest, and it is to this person that the prize will be awarded if selected and declared a winner.
- Minor Contestant. In the event that a Contestant selected for a prize is a minor, an adult parent or legal guardian must sign the release form and accept the prize in their name so that the selected Contestant may be declared a winner.
- Organizer’s Decision. All decisions of the Organizer or their representatives regarding this Contest are final and without appeal, subject to any decision of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario on any matter under its jurisdiction.
- Disputes. For Quebec residents: disputes regarding the organization or conduct of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Règie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Règie for the sole purpose of helping to settle the dispute.
- Severability of these sections. If a section in these contest rules is declared or judged illegal, unenforceable or void by a court of law, then that section will be void. However, all other sections not affected will be applied as permitted by the law.
- Language. In the event of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these rules and regulations, the English version will prevail.
- Social Media Platforms. This Contest is not controlled or sponsored by Facebook. Any questions, complaints or comments regarding this Contest must be submitted to the Organizer, and not Facebook. Facebook as well as its affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees cannot be held liable for any claim resulting from, or with respect to, the Organizer. By entering this Contest, all Contestants agree to comply with the terms and conditions of use, contracts and other policies and/or guidelines regarding the Facebook platforms and release the Organizer, any corporations, companies, trusts or other legal entities controlled by or connected to them, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their employees, agents and representatives from all liability for any damages they may suffer due to the use of this platform.