The Beaverton’s Book Giveaway
This document contains contest rules and regulations for The Beaverton contest, run through Facebook, which voting results will determine the winner (the “Contest”). The winners will be randomly drawn according to the schedule below with winners announced shortly thereafter. This Contest is not controlled sponsored or authorized by Bell Media Inc., the Ontario Media Development Corporation, or the Canada Media Fund.
- “The Beaverton” Contest is held by BVT2 Productions Inc. (hereafter referred to as the “Organizer”). The contest will take place online from June 21, 2018 (EST) through July 14th, 2018, at 11:59AM (EST) (the “Contest Period”). The three winners will be announced shortly thereafter.
- The Contest is open to all Canadian residents who have Facebook accounts and have reached the legal age of majority in their respective province, region or territory of residence prior to the Contest Period (a “Contest Entrant”). Employees, representatives or agents of the Organizer and each of the foregoing entity’s subsidiaries and affiliates, media partners, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they are domiciled) of any of the aforementioned and persons with whom any of the aforementioned are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that participating in the activities offered on Facebook does not automatically enter the Participant into the Contest. An Eligible Entry is only counted when Participants enter by liking the contest post on Facebook. To enter the Contest, proceed as follows:
- Go to The Beaverton Facebook page- www.facebook.com/thebeaverton
- To enter comment on the official contest facebook post with a creative and funny headline or comment based on the historical image attached to the official contest facebook post.
Automated submissions or submissions sent via a bot will be disqualified. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submissions (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or Contest service) will be automatically disqualified and transmissions from these or related Facebook accounts may be blocked.
- Prizes are only made available to the Contest Entrants. In total three grand prizes will be awarded in the form of a copy of book The Beaverton Presents Glorious and/or Free: The True History of Canada.
HOW TO WIN
- The 3 winning entries will be selected from all Eligible Entries with the winner residing in Canada. The Beaverton editors will determine the winning headlines on July 15th, 2018.
AWARDING OF PRIZE
- To be declared a winner, all selected Contest Entrants must:
- Be reached by Facebook, at the sole discretion of the Organizer, within five (5) days following the win;
- Complete and sign the declaration and release form (the “release form”) to the effect that they have fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest rules, which will be sent to them by email by the Organizer, and return the signed release form so that the Organizer receives it within three (3) days of its receipt by the Contest Entrant;
- Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the release form;
- Upon request and within a reasonable timeframe, provide a piece of identification with a photo; and
- Have a valid mailing address in Canada.
- Failure to comply with one of the conditions outlined in these Contest rules, to be reached or to return the release form within the given deadline, or if the selected Contest Entrant refuses their prize, will result in the Contest Entrant’s disqualification. In such an event, the Organizer may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw until a Contest Entrant is selected and declared a winner.
- Within four (4) to six (6) weeks following receipt of the duly completed and signed release form, the Organizer will arrange for the winner to redeem the prize.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Verification. The Contest Entrant registrar and release forms are subject to verification by the Organizer. Any Contest Entrant registry or release form that is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or sent late, contains an invalid email address, consists of an incorrect answer to the mathematical skill-testing question, or is otherwise non-compliant may be rejected and will not, depending on the case, entitle the Contest Entrant to an entry or a prize.
- Disqualification. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify anyone or cancel one or more Contest Entrant of anyone who enters or attempts to enter this Contest by any means contrary to these rules and regulations or in any manner deemed unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). This person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately sabotage the Contest or Beaverton Facebook pages and/or any other related site or to disrupt the legitimate operation of the Contest represents a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Organizer reserve the right to reject the registry, Contest Entrant and seek damages to the extent permitted by law.
- Acceptance of prize. Prize must be accepted as described herein and may not, in whole or in part, be substituted for another prize, transferred to another person or, in the case of a Grand Prize gift certificate, exchanged for cash, except as provided in the following section.
- Substitution of prize. In the event that it would be impossible for the Organizer to award a gift certificate as described herein, they reserve the right to award a prize of the same nature and equivalent value, or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize as stated herein.
- Limit of liability: use of the prize. By entering this Contest entrants selected for a prize release the Organizer, any corporations, companies, trusts or other legal entities controlled by or connected to them, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their employees, representatives and agents (the “waivees”) from all liability for any damages they may suffer in accepting or using their prize.
- Contest website. The Organizer does not guarantee in any way whatsoever that the Contest Facebook page, Beaverton page, or any other site related to the Contest, will be accessible or functional without interruption throughout the entire Contest Period or that it will be free of any errors.
- Limit of liability: operation of the Contest. The waivees are not liable for any faulty computer components, software or communications line, the loss or lack of a communications network, or for faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased computer or network transmissions that may limit or prevent an entrant’s participation in this Contest. The waivees are also not liable for any damages or losses incurred, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any Internet page software or other item, or by the transmission of any information related to entering this Contest.
- Modifications to the Contest. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, in the event that any unauthorized human intervention or any other occurrence corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, impartiality, or operation of the Contest as outlined herein.
- Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event the computer system is unable to register all Contest entries during the Contest Period for any reason whatsoever, or Contest participation must terminate, in whole or in part, before the date indicated herein, the Organizer will proceed with the draw, at tits sole discretion, from among the draw entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, if applicable, up to the date of the event that put a stop to Contest participation.
- Prize limit. In all cases, the Organizer is not required to award either more prizes or award a prize other than what has been outlined in accordance with these rules.
- Limit of liability: entering the Contest. By entering this Contest or attempting to do so, all persons release the Organizer and its subsidiaries, affiliates, associated or related companies, agents, advertising and promotional agencies and/or representatives, and their respective directors, officers and employees from all liability and shall be held harmless against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property arising out of or resulting from participating in the Contest or the selection of the Grand Prize Winner.
- Authorization. By entering the Contest, all Contest Entrants selected for a prize and, in the case where a Contest Entrant selected for a prize is a minor, their adult parent or guardian, authorize the Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, their name, photograph, likeness, voice, place of residence, and/or statement in connection with their prize for advertising purposes, without compensation of any kind.
- Communication with the entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with the entrants in this Contest other than in accordance with these Contest rules or at the initiative of the Organizer.
- Property. Release forms are the property of the Organizer and will not be returned to the entrants under any circumstances.
- Identification of the Contest Entrant. For the purposes of these rules and regulations, the Contest Entrant is the person who is the authorized holder of the Facebook account used to enter the Contest, and it is to this person that the prize will be awarded if selected and declared a winner.
- Minor Contest Entrant. In the event that a Contest Entrant selected for a prize is a minor, an adult parent or legal guardian must sign the release form and accept the prize in their name so that the selected Contest Entrant may be declared a winner.
- Organizers’ decision. All decisions of the Organizer or its representatives regarding this Contest are final and without appeal, subject to any decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any matter under its jurisdiction.
- Disputes. For Quebec residents: disputes regarding the organization or conduct of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the sole purpose of helping to settle the dispute.
- Severability of these sections. If a section in these Contest rules is declared or judged illegal, unenforceable, or void by a court of law, then that section will be void. However, all other sections not affected will be applied as permitted by the law.
- Language. In the event of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these rules and regulations, the French version will prevail.
Social Media platforms. This Contest is not controlled or sponsored by Facebook. Any questions, complaints or comments regarding this Contest must be submitted to the Organizer, and not Facebook. Facebook as well as its affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees cannot be held liable for any claim resulting from, or with respect to, the Organizer. By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to comply with the terms and conditions of use, contracts and other policies and/or guidelines regarding the Facebook platforms and release the Organizer, any corporations, companies, trusts or other legal entities controlled by or connected to it, its advertising and promotions agencies, and its employees, agents and representatives from all liability for any damages they may suffer due to the use of this platform.