Rules for The Beaverton online headline competition
1. The competition is open to all users of the The Beaverton website. The Beaverton writers and anyone connected to The Beaverton may contribute headlines but they may not be considered for the judging portion and the ‘winning’ headline must belong to an individual not connected to The Beaverton.
2. Entry to the competition is via The Beaverton Facebook page on the comments section of the same post describing the headline contest in question: http://www.facebook.com/thebeaverton
3. By submitting a headline, entrants give The Beaverton the right to publish the headline on its website or in any media as it thinks fit.
4. Inappropriate entries which are offensive, defamatory or abusive, will not be considered and/or may be removed by moderators at The Beaverton’s sole discretion. Entrants will be notified of the closing time for entries, and no entries received after that time will be considered.
5. All entrants must have a means of being contacted through their Facebook account, or must supply their names and e-mail addresses
6. The top 5 entries deemed to be the most amusing will be highlighted on the website after the contest submission date is over. The judging panel will be made up of members of the editorial team of The Beaverton website.
7. There is no prize. Use of the headline in the context of a satirical/fake news article is not guaranteed, and is subject to a separate negotiation.
8. The Beaverton’s decision as to the winner is final.
9. There is no limit on the number of entries a person can make.
10. The Beaverton reserves the right to cancel or alter or amend the
competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Last Updated: May 5, 2013